Food Waste Prevention in the Indian Ocean

Average restaurants waste 6 to 14% of revenue in food waste.

YOU don't have to be in the average!

LightBlue Logo.png
Living Labs Federation.png
cap-business-oi.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 16.18.45.png
FIT_official logo (vertical for profile pic).png

Embark your hotel on a fully-funded 3-month journey to cut on food waste (35+% in food waste reduction in g/cover) and reduce unnecessary costs (3-5% reduction in cost/ cover).

Participants will receive advanced workshop for hospitality professionals on why food waste is such an issue (awareness raising), how is it impacting their operations (financially), how to implement a food waste monitoring in kitchen and reduce food waste by reading the information using FIT Food Waste Monitoring Tech. All information of their food waste will be automatically calculated by FIT.

Fully Funded

indian ocean.jpg
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT

2*2h technical workshop by experts

BM landing page - 4 components.png

90 days of FIT TECH

Image by Charles Deluvio

Weekly report, practical recommendations, support

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 23.44.41.png

Beneficiaries

Hotels

Restaurants

Available for 6 territories!

Comores, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mayotte, La Réunion and Seychelles

EXPECTED IMPACT

Participating restaurants level

cost reduction.png

3-5% reduction in cost per cover 

reduction in food waste .png

Up to 35% reduction in food waste 

The PLEDGE on Food Waste - Presentation.

Boost up your brand and image

Destination Impact Metrics

MicrosoftTeams-image%20(8)_edited.png
  • Enjoy expert training and consulting 

  • Leverage an advanced food waste technology

  • Enjoy governmental financial support and enroll in the program FREE of charge

  • ROI < 3 months

Since 2013, we have worked on 45+ projects in 10 countries and helped saving over 1 million kg of food.

Will you be next?

Ready to cut on Food Waste?
Register Now!

To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.

indian ocean.jpg

FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I eligible for this financial support?


All restaurants, cafés, bars, catering companies, or coffee shops with 60 covers/day in the 6 regions above are eligible. Are you part of them? then this is for you!




Do I really have much food waste?


In fact, most food businesses without a proper food waste monitoring system in place waste 3 to 8 times more than what they think.




If I control the buffet well, most food waste is under control?


Buffet only represents 10 to 20% of all food waste. So the other 80% to 90% of food waste might not yet be accounted for




If I have a good food cost percentage, I don't waste much food?


Even with an acceptable food cost percentage, 25 to 42% of all food purchased* ends up in the bin. *in volume (kg) of food purchased




The cost of food waste is marginal?


Food waste represents 6 to 14% of food revenue.





indian ocean.jpg

PRESS

For press toolkit, please contact us directly.